I love upcycling things. Today I was playing with some new dies and embossing folders that I got and decided to make this dragonfly pin.
Vintaj offers an awesome set that includes a Sizzix dragonfly die as well as a flower pod die and three different mini Sizzix embossing folders.
I started out by cutting two of the dragonflys from a soda can. I then embossed one of the dragonflys before coloring them with the Adirondak alcohol inks. I really recommend coloring the pieces before embossing them. This would have been much easier. I truly had visions of turquoise and purple, but didn't have time to dig through my craft stuff to find these colors and hte orange and purple were already out. It worked for this experiment. lol...next time! Anyway once the colors were dry, I just used a piece of tacky strip to attach the two pieces and slightly bent the top wings up to give the appearance of flight. The pic doesn't yet have the pin back attached, but am going to attach this with some e6000. Thanks for looking! :)