Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Etched Coasters


It seems that I have generated several comments and questions on the cricut board regarding the use of ordinary ceramic tiles for etching, so I thought I would post it here as well.

When I first started etching, I was experimenting with things that may or may not etch. I went to home depot and found a beautiful cobalt blue glossy finish tile, 4x4 size, that I thought would make a really cool coaster set. I only bought one just to make sure it worked first. It worked like a charm as you can see by the results! So don't be afraid to experiment with things! Some of the best gifts were borne out of experimentation!


P.S. Just so you know, the white blob above the dragonfly is a reflection of the overhead light on the glossy finish of the tile.

No comments:

Post a Comment