Monday, September 9, 2013

Fabric Christmas Tree Ornament

I had seen these on pinterest and really loved the look of them, but...I hate sewing lol, I will do it if I have to but it's definitely not my favorite thing to do.  Anyway, the original pattern has all this sewing that I really cut down on.  In the original pattern you fold the circle in half, right sides facing, sew outer edge of the circle to nearly the top, turn it all right side out, iron in place then fold and iron again and sew any imbellishments to it that you want. Not this girl!  I decided to skip all that prior sewing and ironing. I folded it, ironed it and then sewed rickrack to the outer edge, covering up the edge of the fabric so you don't see it.  I added some more rickrack to the top for a hanger.  Much easier, and in a fraction of the time..  I like how it looks and am happy with it. :)  TFL

No comments:

Post a Comment