Monday, August 5, 2013

Dual Color Braided Ribbon Wreath

After watching a tutorial yesterday on how to make the braided ribbon wreaths, I wondered why I haven't seen more than one color braided together and then wondered if it could even be done and still look good, so I sat down to try it.  This was the result.  It can be done!  For those of you who would like to know how, you can look up any tutorial on braided ribbon wreaths.  The difference in one and two colors is that with two colors, I did not fold my ribbon to find a center point.  Instead, I left a long tail and made my loop with both strands of ribbon held together.  Then just like the single color, I pulled the bottom color through the loop to begin the braiding process, leaving the second color hanging, while I pulled the loop down tight to secure both colors.  You then just alternate the colors, whatever color the loop is, you pull the other color through it.  When I got to the end, I wove both sides of ribbon though the opposite sides on the back to secure the wreath shape.  I then made a bow with both colors to put on the front bottom at the joining and secured it with hot glue.  I also glued a little loop to the back in order to hang it.  TFL

No comments:

Post a Comment