Friday, August 9, 2013

Crocodile Stitch Christmas Tree

Saw these adorable little Christmas trees on pinterest done in crochet yarn.  Wondered what they would look like using Crochet thread instead.  I had lots of turquoise beads and just decided to use black thread.  In the original pin that I saw, they sewed the beads on randomly after the crocheting was done.  On this particular project, I decided to thread the beads before I started crocheting and just slid them up the thread as I needed them.  It worked very well, but not so sure I like the outcome of pre-threading them.  I think I actually prefer the random look.  Live and learn through trial and error lol.  TFL
 This is what it looked like before stitching it together in back.
This is what it looked like after stitching, free standing and not yet formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment