Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Strawberry Cheesecake Muddy Buddies

I made Strawberry Cheesecake Muddy Buddies for my boyfriend for Valentine's Day since he can't have regular chocolate.  The picture is the property of the Creme de la Crumb blog.  You can find the original recipe here as well: http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2014/01/strawberry-cheesecake-muddy-buddies.html.
I did make a few changes to the recipe since I couldn't find the small packages of the cheesecake flavored pudding.  Instead I used the Jello Cheesecake boxed mix.  This kind of killed two birds with one stone as the regular recipe calls for two graham crackers broken into peices.   Well I just used 1/2 cup of the graham cracker crumbs and added it to the strawberry jello and cheesecake mix.  This worked perfectly and I truly think added to the whole cheesecake flavor as coated each piece with all the essential flavors of a strawberry cheesecake. The recipe called for 6 cups of Rice Chex, there was only 8 cups in the box I bought so I just added them as well and there was more than enough coating mix to thoroughly coat every single square of chex cereal and then some!  I also couldn't find the strawberry sour balls, and it being Valentines day and all, I just substituted the strawberry juju hearts instead, which the mix also coated.  I am not a sweet eater, but these little gems, truly tasted just like I was eating a perfect piece of cheesecake!  Flavor was excellent and the boyfriend loved them!

On a side note, I told my daughter about them and she decided to try them as well for her work party.  She decided to use Cherry Jello and the used the same boxed cheesecake mix and followed my directions.  She used sour cherry balls to add to her mix.  Below is the picture of her Cherry Cheesecake muddy buddies. They were a huge hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment