Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hand made Christmas - Updated

My grandchildren are all at an age where they love to craft with grammy.  Christmas is coming so I have decided that this year, they are going to get a chance to make presents for their sisters and brother.  Each weekend one of my grand chileren get to spend the entire weekend and craft their presents for Christmas. This is teaching them so much I think.  It is teaching them that you don't have to buy something for it to be fun.  It is teaching them to recycle, to use products we already have on hand and it is teaching them to think about what makes their siblings happy, but most importantly it is teaching them to take pride in their work as well as learning to love the spirit of giving!
LOL not sure what she was doing with the mouth...trying to smile I guess lol...anyway, look for more kids crafts in the coming weeks.  My ten year old grandson is building a Doll house for his three sisters..he is having a blast finding things around the house that we can turn into barbie furniture. :)   I'll post pics as it progresses.


This is a cute, fat little owl that she made for her brother.  We got the idea from Ephemera Ink Blog.  I think he turned out great for her first try at it.

another barbie dress 

Pants and Midriff...this one made Gia giggle because Barbie's tummy was showing..lol

They argued about who should get to stay first, so grammy put number 1 to 4 in a bowl and they drew for the order that they would get to stay first.  Gia, my 5 yr old grand daughter was first and she chose to make barbie clothes for her sisters...she only got one set done, but for a 5 year old and it being her first project, I think she did marvelous!  She did all the sewing, and the color designing, I cut the patterns out for her and pinned the hems so she could sew them, but she sewed every single stitch!   This is how they turned out. I am extremely proud of her!  tfl

No comments:

Post a Comment